Outokumpu is committed to keeping personal data confidential and secure, and to processing personal data only in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws. This privacy notice explains how Outokumpu collects and processes the personal data of our customers, potential customers and other business contacts that we have obtained through events, newsletter sign up and contact forms on our external website www.outokumpu.com. Should you have any questions relating to the processing of your personal data, or should you wish to use your rights as a data subject, please contact us at [email protected].
When processing your personal data for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, we process your data based on our legitimate interest in maintaining the business relationship between us. Our view is that you participate in our activities or otherwise communicate with us creates a meaningful business relationship between us as well as a legitimate interest for us to process your personal data for ordinary communication and marketing purposes. We mainly process personal data we obtain from you directly, for example when you send emails to us or communicate with us through other channels, when you sign up for newsletters or other marketing materials, or when you sign up for an event organised by us. Where applicable, we also process your personal data obtained from publicly available sources, such as your employer’s website, and personal data that accumulates from your use of our website.
We mainly process the following types of your personal data:
- basic information, such as your name, your contact information (email, address, phone number(s)), your employer, your title or position;
- information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events as well as information about your participation to our events;
- your subscription preferences regarding marketing communications.
We use the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
- the management and administration of our business relationship with you and/or your organisation,
- business development and marketing, such as (i) communicating with you with respect to, announcements, newsletters and events that may be of interest to you; (ii) maintaining our contact lists, and (iii) compiling statistics, improving user experience of our web site and improving our services and communications, for example by gathering information regarding your preferences through website analytics or tracking of our publications to improve the quality of our communications and interaction with you; and
- compliance with any legal obligations,
We do not sell, rent, distribute, or otherwise make your personal data available to any third party for marketing purposes. The personal data we process are not transferred outside the EU or the EEA, except for the access to the data we may grant to our own personnel working outside EU, if necessary for the purposes described above. However, we may share information with our suppliers when they perform services on our behalf, for example to support our events or to maintain and support our IT systems. However, such suppliers are obliged to process the data on our behalf and for the above mentioned purposes only. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data. Only the personnel who need to process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above have access to your personal data.
Your personal data will be stored for the purposes mentioned above for as long as we have a meaningful business contact or other contact or as may otherwise be required by law. When the processing of your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes they were collected, we will delete or anonymise the personal data relating to you in a secure manner.
Your rights and how to exercise them
You have the right to:
The right to access: You have the right to request for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at [email protected].
In addition, you have an express right to ask us not to send you marketing-related communications. You can do this by clicking the unsubscribe link included in our communications, or by contacting us at [email protected].
Please note that if we restrict or delete your personal data, this may result in us not being able to provide to you the communications and invitations described above. If you consider that your rights under the applicable data protection laws have been infringed, you may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
This Privacy Notice has been updated in September 2021. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices.